[CinCV TNG] Unflat theme in Cin 5.1 GG Icon suggestion

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 21:58:53 CEST 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Glen MacArthur <info at bandshed.net> wrote:

> The original Akirad version with the 'Unflat' theme appears like this with
> the Cinelerra logo in the upper right corner:
> This is neat and tidy, Unflat in Cinelerra GG of course reflects it's
> different layout and places the ffmpeg and shell cmd Icons in the upper
> right corner which appear like this in Unflat:
> This is functional, but a bit visually conflicting and places something
> decorative beside something utilitarian in an area there are no other
> functional icons/buttons..
>
> I'm wondering if it would be more visually appealing and consistent across
> all themes to move the ffmpeg and shell command icons somewhere else? Also
> perhaps small Cinfinity Icons could be created to reflect these functions
> for better Icon continuity throughout Cinelerra?
>
> Suggested relocations:
>
> Bottom right in the Progress bar area:
> Or added to the Toolbar (perhaps as similar white line figure Icons):
> Just a thought, what does the rest of the community think?
>
> *Just Phyllis opinion and some history:*
After looking more closely at all of the themes, they are inconsistent or
else the green-colored cinelerra logo is just not visible due to the
background color.   The logo is really superfluous at this point and should
be removed so decoration is not next to function.

Although it would be nice to put the shell cmds and ffmpeg icon on the
Toolbar, the toolbar was already too long when this code was written ---
that is because not everyone has a large monitor.

In my opinion, the use of FFMPEG first/last is too important a settings to
be relegated to a less visible place - when ffmpeg first became very
prominent, it was pretty important to make sure the user knew it was being
used since the results may have been different from past cinelerra
operations.  The shell cmds doesn't need to be as prominent (although when
you are looking for some shortcut key, it is very handy!) but I don't see a
better alternative.  Also, this same area may eventually be used for HELP
as was suggested by Terje a long time ago.

Cinfinity style icons for both would be very nice and much appreciated.

Other ideas??  Phyllis