[CinCV TNG] Unflat theme in Cin 5.1 GG Icon suggestion

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Tue Sep 26 16:31:18 CEST 2017

Hi,

First a HUGE thanks for implementing proxies, that is very exciting!

Upon the recent addition of the Cinfinity Icons something that I had
noticed for quite a while suddenly got me thinking...

The original Akirad version with the 'Unflat' theme appears like this
with the Cinelerra logo in the upper right corner:

This is neat and tidy, Unflat in Cinelerra GG of course reflects it's
different layout and places the ffmpeg and shell cmd Icons in the
upper right corner which appear like this in Unflat:

This is functional, but a bit visually conflicting and places
something decorative beside something utilitarian in an area there are
no other functional icons/buttons..

I'm wondering if it would be more visually appealing and consistent
across all themes to move the ffmpeg and shell command icons somewhere
else? Also perhaps small Cinfinity Icons could be created to reflect
these functions for better Icon continuity throughout Cinelerra?

Suggested relocations:

Bottom right in the Progress bar area:

Or added to the Toolbar (perhaps as similar white line figure Icons):

Just a thought, what does the rest of the community think?

Glen