[CinCV TNG] Cin 5.1 GG Proxy

igor_ubuntu sitelve at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 14:48:22 CEST 2017

>> Multiple responses to items as quoted:
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 1:43 AM, igor_ubuntu <sitelve at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> But I see that after recently commit, if I change size back to original,
>>> the created proxy is removed atomatically.
>>> Is that a expected behaviour ?
>>>

>> Yes, that is expected behaviour and it was extra work to make it that way.

 This a automatic deletion is a controversial decision..
What is an idea ?

 I see that they are automatically deleted from the Resources, but they are
still saved/placed on hard drive (not in .xml)
So, if a user changed size back to original, but then he again returned to
the proxy size,
re-creating proxy does not occur. The program uses the previously created
proxy files from drive.
Right ?

How about creating a separate folder for links to these proxy files on
drive ? (a folder like the folders for Labels, Clips)
This would be convenient if the user made the project, then again returned
to it after a while. He goes to the proxy folder and gets full information.
This would be convenient if with using a proxy for individual files.

What do other users think of that ?

> It seems that after loading files to  Resources, if a user wants to create
> a proxy, he should manually set the Canvas Size and only then create a
> proxy.
>
> Because, if the file is only in Resources (timeline is empty), creating
>> proxy  does not affect Canvas Size.
>>

> i.e. the situation, that I described in my previous message, still exist
>> (I mean ".. the window says 'New media dimensons' " ).
>>

> When "Use scaler", for ffmpeg files, is set in the proxy settings the
> canvas stays the same size already set to and only the media size changes.
> This is quite handy too.  So if I understand the comment correctly, than
> the response is "yes, you should set the canvas size to what you want"
> first.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation.

> I think you understand this now after Sam's response and your testing.
> Basically a single file contains multiple video/audio streams.

Yes. Thanks.

Just for fun, you might want to do an info/detail in the resources window
> to see what is there and even more interesting, is to load the file NOT
> using ffmpeg first and look at info/detail.

:-)Yes-yes, I see:

quote:

*01:00:00-01:30:00  Poppy Cat(mon) 2015/02/23A strange capsule lands in the
garden containing a letter froman adventurer named Ernie, who is searching
for a pen pal, sothe group set off to meet him....01:00:00-01:30:00  Under
Fire(mon) 2015/02/23A day in the life of a police officer is full of
dangerous face-offs,high-risk car chases that can happen at any moment but
it isjust part of the job.*

>> Broadcast transport streams may consist of multiple programs that all run
> together on one channel. If you play this you can hear all of these
> programs playing simultaneously and that is a jumble.  When you use
> Alt-1...to select the desired program number, *cinelerra removes all of
> the unrelated audio/video tracks *except for the selected program. It
> also resets the session to match the media.  It works properly, so you will
> have to reload the file.

The screencast shows a strange (?) change of asset size displaying in
>> Compositor
>>

> You have to do a "replace load".  Undo and Redo are stacked and there is a
> whole set of rules that apply there.  The 2nd and 3rd streams are 704x480
> as opposed to 1920x1080 of the 1st stream.

Thanks.