[CinCV TNG] Findobject plugin it impossible to build

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 04:10:28 CEST 2017

Hi,

It is certain that the problem is the c++ compiler failed.  I suspect that
the version of c++ on your system is old.  Normally, when you write system
or large application code, it is a good idea not to test the limits of the
language.  For many years, the STL (standard template library = a large set
of very useful and very attractive c++ library class objects) did not work
reliably.  cinelerra only has a few limited uses of STL.  Now STL is
(finally!) pretty much working, and sadly cinelerra does not use these nice
things.  The issue on your system is that forward referenced class
qualified member functions are not in the class symbols set on the first
pass.  It takes 2 passes to load/process the member symbols.  Older
compilers tried to do it in one pass.  That does not work.  It was fixed a
long time ago, as well as many other things that are now quite common,
which used to be something to avoid.  I highly suggest you upgrade (at
least the gcc compiler/library) to current.  Opencv uses all of the hot new
features in all of their glory.  Usually this makes for cool code.

gg
PS.  We have been able to build on ubuntu 14, 32bit.  I can build a user
installable tarball, and you may be able to to patch it up by adding
libraries till it loads.  It is likely that this would be usable if you
could get the load to work.  I have to work around loader issues among the
distos quite often.  You use:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<lib-path1>:<lib-path2>:...:<lib-pathx>
to create a loader search path for this shell only.  It is how I have to
test opencv
on fedora25, because the developer libraries are all messed up.
Let me know if you would like to try this.