[CinCV TNG] Sound track DNxHD invisible under cinelerra-cv.

igor_ubuntu sitelve at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 20:47:42 CEST 2017

> On 09/20/2017 06:51 PM, Nicola Ferralis wrote:
>

> * Hello Einar,*
>
> * Question: is the plan to release the most stable hear as the new stable
> before disruption takes place? As a package maintainer (and ultimately the
> user as well), I would personally prefer that so that a stable package is
> available for people in needs of, well, stability, while the development
> branch would still be available. The opposite (continuing with the
> disruptive development without the release of stable, would leave users
> searching from stability to use the current stable which does not benefit
> from a lot of the recent development.*
>

> * Preliminary thoughts. My idea is that you stop genarating new pakages
> before the distruptive changes begin.*

Yes. The current ppa
https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa/+archive/ubuntu/ppa should
clone/maintain pkgs with tag 'current_stabile' from current git with tag
'current_stabile' and stop generating new pakages before the distruptive
changes begin. Users of this ppa should wait.

Packages with potentially distruptive changes from git_top  should be
redirected to a new PPA. Something like 'current_edge'_ppa
Users who want to be at the forefront will install the program from this
new 'current_edge'_ppa .
After testing the changes, the packages in current git ('current_stabile')
can be consistently updated with changes from 'current_edge'.
After completing  porting/testing for new changes and the full transfer of
changes from 'current_edge'_ppa to 'current_stabile', the 'current_edge'_ppa
can be removed.

P.S.
But I doubt that one will test the packages from 'current_edge'_ppa. This
is reality.