[CinCV TNG] Sound track DNxHD invisible under cinelerra-cv.

Nicola Ferralis feranick at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 19:36:43 CEST 2017

Thanks, Einar.

As far as packages are concerned, the infrastructure is very flexible. I
have three Ubuntu "branches": 1. stable (as in 2.1.5), 2: current git
(head) and 3: experimental builds. One way to go about is to have: 1 as
it currently is, 2: with the most stable in head (before the disruption)
3. with the disruptive changes. I still think 1. should be updated with
a maintenance release sooner rather than later (2.1.6?) with the most
current stable head before disruption. It would be a nice fall back, and
I don't see any reason to keep the stable (1) with the old tag 2.1.5.

What I would not recommend is to create parallel builds within the same
branch. Lots of reasons, but primarily the platform would not allow it.
People don't download versions of cinelerra for Ubuntu, they are pushed
as software updates by the system. So the users select since the very
beginning the type of updates s/he needs: stable (1), edgy (2),
experimental (3). Think debian, in essence. Given this, having the most
stable in 1 would probably be the most sensible solution, a reasonably
stable  head in 2 (but still with testing), and experimental in 3.

Nicola

.