[CinCV TNG] Sound track DNxHD invisible under cinelerra-cv.

Einar R√ľnkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 17:57:31 CEST 2017

On 09/20/2017 06:51 PM, Nicola Ferralis wrote:
> Hello Einar,
>
> Question: is the plan to release the most stable hear as the new stable
> before disruption takes place? As a package maintainer (and ultimately
> the user as well), I would personally prefer that so that a stable
> package is available for people in needs of, well, stability, while the
> development branch would still be available. The opposite (continuing
> with the disruptive development without the release of stable, would
> leave users searching from stability to use the current stable which
> does not benefit from a lot of the recent development.

Preliminary thoughts.

My idea is that you stop genarating new pakages before the distruptive
changes begin. Then before resuming the package generations you rename
packages something '-laststabile' and leave them downloadable.

Probably I add a tag to git. People who want the last stabile variant
can clone by tag. The others can clone git top.

There is some time when it happens, time to think.

Einar