[CinCV TNG] Cin 5.1 GG Proxy

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:41:52 CEST 2017

I played with this proxy mode some more, and found if I just open file, and set
proxy settings to 1/2 scale, mjpeg/qt format - it all will work fine, until I
try to render edited track in its full size/quality...here Cinelerra reuses
just created proxy file, and not main file. But this can be workarounded by

1) Open original file, set proxy setting, wait for proxy file generation to
complete. (name of video track will be changed to _proxy variant)
2) Open original file again, with addition strategy about putting new  file on
new tracks.
3) set visibility/renderability for original file to false (green arrow at the
left from track, in main window)
4) Edit video (there is mode where edits applied to all armed tracks).
5) Set project size back to original
6) set visibility for proxy file to false, for original file (track) to true.
7) render as usual ...

This seems to work for simple cut/paste editing.