[CinCV TNG] Cin 5.1 GG Proxy

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Tue Sep 19 17:24:50 CEST 2017

Hi,

I agree with Sam, proxy editing that at least approaches the
simplicity of Kdenlive would be a huge asset, that indeed is
Kdenlive's most useful feature.  As devices jump to 4K proxy editing
will be the only possibility to use on older hardware, many people can
currently edit 1080P on 1 or 2 tracks on 5-6 year old computers, but
I'm often juggling 5-6 tracks of 1080P and a straightforward and
simple way to set up a Cinelerra project tree with proxies would make
a huge difference. Background Rendering is a useful fallback but it is
awkward and slow even at the best of times.

Just my $0.02..
Glen