[CinCV TNG] Cin 5.1 GG Proxy

Sam cinelerra at poste.de
Mon Sep 18 20:30:18 CEST 2017

Hi guys, I have a suggestion.

The way I see it, you can't work with proxies in Cinelerra. Maybe I
missed this function? In Kdenlive and Premiere you can create smaller
video (f.e. 640x480) files from the original. You can then work with
these small video files in the main window. The working speed is
therefore much faster. Only during rendering the original files are
used. It would be helpful because working with large files is very
tedious. Kdenlive supports this feature, maybe you can copy some code?
This function should not be confused with background rendering.

An Example:

Right-click on a video in the media window. Click on Proxy in the
context menu. At this moment a small copy is being made in the
background. From this point on, in the main window you only works with
the smaller copy. When rendering the video, only the original file is used.

What do you think of my suggestion?