[CinCV TNG] Fwd: to create time scaled media

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 22:38:24 CEST 2017

It looks like you crossed the line.... You hit a design limit I added
to catch infinite loops when media returns damaged status data.
Specifically, there is a 1000 iteration limit on frame data read in.
By stretching the time line, your reads required more than that.
I modified these limits so that it now must be 1000 fails in a row.
When it works, the retry counter is reset.  This is a little riskier,
but looks like high speeds may require big limits.  Speed kills.

I checked in a mod that should solve this problem.
Let me know if you still have any issues.

To see auto slider bars with more precision, set up your auto
as usual, and then use btn3 (rt mouse) to click one of the auto
keyframes on the timeline.  A popup menu will show which has
the auto type (speed) as the first menu item.  Click this menu
item, and a speed colored slider bar will appear.  You can only
click it once.  When you click the slider, press and hold down btn1
and move the slider to update the auto value.  A tooltip will show
the slider value.  When you release the button, the slider will be
deleted from the canvas, and the value will be updated.  Sadly,
the update is not ganged by double clicking.

If you have a bunch of data to paste into a session, here is an
example program I used to create a chunk of EDL which you can
plaster into your session file with an editor.  NOT RECOMMENDED.
but, sometimes necessary if a ton of data needs to be accurately
added piece by piece.  I can help you here if you need it.
see attachment.

gg