[CinCV TNG] Debian Stretch APT gives a 404 since Stretch packages added.

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 22:48:43 CEST 2017

Glen: "Try it now"!
It took quite some time to install 32-bit Debian (not the fastest one on
the block) and then build cinelerra, actually tested it this time, and
blah, blah, blah.  Goodguy had to restructure the package directories at
the end of August to allow for multiple versions of Debian and Mint -- and
a script did not get corrected leading to incomplete directory structure.
Thanks to Frederic for spending his time tracking down the problem as it
saved us more time.  Mint 17/18 structure had to be repaired also.

I have some more changes to put into README.pkgs,such as Mint 18 also
requires the "trusted=yes", and have compared Danny's web page with it and
will send him email of some minor changes due to version changes/deletions.

So, bottom line is that the process worked perfectly - Goodguy did the
builds, Glen found a problem, Frederic analyzed the problem, Phyllis read
the emails, and it got fixed.  Usually after the builds, goodguy tests
ubuntu and leap but I think he will start testing debian instead of leap
because we know that Terje always lets us know when leap is bad!  We can
not test them all because the room with the computers in it gets so hot by
the time the builds finish.

Again, we always need your help to let us know of problems and for
suggestions which don't always get implemented but are considered.
goodguy/Phyllis