[CinCV TNG] Debian Stretch APT gives a 404 since Stretch packages added.

Frederic Roenitz ml1 at aimvis.de
Tue Sep 5 08:28:00 CEST 2017

Hi Glen,

 > If you or anyone else has any clue why I'm getting the 404 when my
 > apt line appears correct please let me know.. All other repositories
 > on my machine are working so it's not as simple as a network
 > problem.

I guess every debian user is currently getting this kind of error
(including me).

I am still using debian 8 (jessie).

My /etc/apt/sources.list line for cinelerra-gg reads:

deb https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian jessie main

and I get:

W: Failed to fetch https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian/dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/Packages: HttpError404
W: Failed to fetch https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian/dists/jessie/main/binary-i386/Packages: HttpError404

Then I checked the directories via web browser and saw a debian8
directory. So I changed my deb line to:

deb https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian8 jessie main

and got:

W: Failed to fetch https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian8/dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/Packages: HttpError404
W: Failed to fetch https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian8/dists/jessie/main/binary-i386/Packages: HttpError404

Then I started to investigate a bit further:

works (but old cinelerra-gg release):
deb https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/old_pkgs/debian jessie main
it has the Packages-files in "dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/":
https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/old_pkgs/debian/dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/Packages*

does not work:
deb https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian8 jessie main
it *doesn't* have the Package-files under the dists-directory
https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian8/binary-amd64/

So it misses the "[...]/dists/jessie/main/[...]" directory structure.

For stretch it would probably be: "[...]/dists/stretch/main/[...]".

So somebody probably needs to create this directory structure on the
server and put the Package-files there. The path to the deb-file
inside the Package-file looks good.

In the meantime one could fetch the deb-file manually, for example:

wget https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian8/cin_5.1.20170830-debian8_amd64.deb

and install it manually, for example:

dpkg -i cin_5.1.20170830-debian8_amd64.deb

Kind greetings

Frederic