[CinCV TNG] Debian Stretch APT gives a 404 since Stretch packages added.

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Tue Sep 5 04:20:10 CEST 2017

Hi,

I reran the APT command here on AV LInux (based on Debian Stretch):
https://cinelerra-cv.org/download_gg.php and there are a couple of
problems..

(1) Debian Jessie and Stretch both require the "[trusted=yes]" to be
added to the apt line in /etc/apt/sources.list which it currently
isn't by default, I'm puzzled why there haven't been more complaints
but probably 100% of pure Debian Jessie/Stretch users (other than AV
Linux users) who have tried to access the phenomenal work on Cin 5.1
through this page haven't been successful and that is a real shame,
there are some extra instructions covering this for Ubuntu users but
they are on a different page. Not sure if this is GG/Phyllis or Danny
thing to fix but I thought I'd better mention it.

(2) With an updated apt line for Stretch:

#CINELERRA 5
deb [trusted=yes] https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian stretch
main
# deb-src https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian stretch main

I get this error on an apt-get update:

E: Failed to fetch
https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/debian/dists/stretch/main/binary-i386/Packages
404  Not Found

Where have things gone wrong here...?

(3) Can I be a total pain in the butt and request i386 Stretch builds
like we had for Jessie?

Thanks!
Glen