[CinCV TNG] lazy insertion point movement when using keypad

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 23:33:12 CEST 2017

Frederic:

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 4:05 AM, Frederic Roenitz <ml1 at aimvis.de> wrote:

> Could we have instead of: "play, show next unit, set position",
> preferably this: "play, set position, show next unit".
>
> "play backwards" is fine.

The end of the month builds are only a few days away, and the build
machines have to be upgraded for about 20 distros.  The time needed to
implement and test this kind of change is just not available right now.

I have added a possible addition of a "preference" for the "play
forwards/positioning" controversy for future program coding into our
personal debugle.org cinelerra issues database.  There are quite a few "to
do" items recorded in Debugle at this time (100 now). GG did put quite a
bit of work into going down the path you prefer but it became untenable to
him - we both obviously like it the way it is.

GG/Phyllis