[CinCV TNG] lazy insertion point movement when using keypad

Frederic Roenitz ml1 at aimvis.de
Fri Aug 25 12:05:06 CEST 2017

Hi everybody,

I am taking this in advance to the post that I want to post soon.

The following is the original quote from GG (using Phyllis' account),
with one word added from me, that will hopefully help a lot.

I inserted the word: "*again*", to highlight one core (the core?) of
the discussion:

"SO,,, position is usually set in the program as a location that is between a previous and next frame/sample unit such that the next unit equals the seek target.  After position is reset using a "seek" operation, the next unit is displayed, which is the seek target.  When play is forwards, the next unit is shown *again*, and the position is advanced one unit.   When play is in reverse, the previous unit is shown, and the position is reduced one unit.  At the beginning, there is no previous, and at the end, there is no next, but silence is rendered at the end."

Could we have instead of: "play, show next unit, set position",
preferably this: "play, set position, show next unit".

"play backwards" is fine.

Kind greetings

Frederic