[CinCV TNG] lazy insertion point movement when using keypad

Frederic Roenitz ml1 at aimvis.de
Thu Aug 24 17:38:56 CEST 2017

Hi Phyllis/GG,

thank you for your answer! One last thing before I can get into the
fun part! :)

I realized, that I need to add a bit more detail to my timeline ascii
pictorgrams and to their description to have a solid vocabulary basis
(requires a mono space font to have it displayed correctly):

New example ascii timeline pictogram
************************************

      vo
  0 1 2 3 4 5
  |_|_|_|_|_|
   0 1 2 3 4

Explanations
============

_ == one frame

| == separator between two frames

separator 0 ==

0

separator 1 ==

1

frame 0 ==
_
0

frame 1 ==
_
1

Example timeline
----------------

  0 1 2
  |_|_|
   0 1

example sentences:

  Separator 1 separates frame 0 and frame 1.

  Separator 1 is located  at the end of frame 0 and at the beginning of frame 1.

  Separator 2 is located at the end of frame 1.

  There is no frame 2.

Phyllis/GG: Is there a 'frame 0' or does it start with 'frame 1'? Like:

  0 1 2
  |_|_|
   1 2

Phyllis/GG: Which sentence is correct:

  1. The insertion point is always 'on'/'at' a separator.
  or
  2. Only one separator at a time can be the insertion point.
  or
  both (I guess not, but you never know. ;)
  or
  Something else. If so: Please name it.

After your answer I will be able to go into the fun part. :)

Kind greetings

Frederic