[CinCV TNG] C41 / Not working

edouard chalaron e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz
Sun Aug 20 23:05:03 CEST 2017

Hello
I missed this thread about C41
So ...
Florent used an approximation to calculate a log value in the code,
this was to accelerate the process.
This has a marginal error, my bet is that sometimes some colors are not
as good as expected (an histogram can get rid of that)
Why : film scanning has its own problem : frame registration, flares
from light leak on amateur cameras etc ..
The trimming box will therefore have a major influence

Meaning ... more than error code I believe it may be a different set of
 properly calculated values.
But .. I may be wrong, not too alarmed though :-)
Best
Ed

On Sat, 2017-08-19 at 12:29 -0600, Phyllis Smith wrote:

> > > On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 11:57 AM, igor_ubuntu <sitelve at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Do col/row values/sliders work properly in Cin-GG ?
> > ('Show active area' is enabled)
> >
> > I did not press any buttons
> > -----
> > ---------
> > I pressed the button  'Apply default box'
> > ------------------------

example Coef 1 and Coef 2 were confusing so are now contrast and
brightness.  At the same time GG made the grid lines for the box
wider so they don't disappear when only 1 pixel wide.  And most
relevant to this email, the Apply box was renamed to Apply default
box -- that is because it is always the default box calculated by the
program code and does not change.  The sliders work correctly but you
have to be more patient for these large format (3539x2662) images.
WATCH CLOSELY to make sure the lines have completely moved and you
will then see that the numbers on the right-hand side have changed
and are different than the left-hand side computed values.  An easy
way to visually see the slider bars change values is to have the box
surround something really dark or really light.  Do not operate the
Apply default box or it goes back to the original box!

> > > Also, if you zoom in on the Compositor in CV versus CGG using the
same type images as displayed in one of your recent piccy/info
comparisons, you will see:

> https://files.fm/u/p2my7hz5

Also, using the color picker of the compositor, you can see the
computed values for the bright white spot on the "seat" is out of
range (i.e. greater than 1.0)