[CinCV TNG] C41 / Not working

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 20:29:37 CEST 2017

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 11:57 AM, igor_ubuntu <sitelve at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do *col/row* values/sliders work properly in Cin-GG ?
> (*'Show active area'* is enabled)
>
> I did not press any buttons
> http://piccy.info/view3/11490875/46f654302eb1413b175db22c1a1a7def/orig/
> -----
> I pressed the button 'Apply values'  but I did not press the button 'Apply
> default box'
> http://piccy.info/view3/11490882/3f9ec79fc17e89709c9d79ba91c3e3b0/orig/
> ---------
> I pressed the button  'Apply default box'
> http://piccy.info/view3/11490885/0ebd2cfde276642e774f629ebc32cafa/orig/
> ------------------------

A couple of boxes were recently renamed to make them clearer; for example
Coef 1 and Coef 2 were confusing so are now contrast and brightness.  At
the same time GG made the grid lines for the box wider so they don't
disappear when only 1 pixel wide.  And most relevant to this email, the
Apply box was renamed to Apply default box -- that is because it is always
the default box calculated by the program code and does not change.  The
sliders work correctly but you have to be more patient for these large
format (3539x2662) images.  WATCH CLOSELY to make sure the lines have
completely moved and you will then see that the numbers on the right-hand
side have changed and are different than the left-hand side computed
values.  An easy way to visually see the slider bars change values is to
have the box surround something really dark or really light.  Do not
operate the Apply default box or it goes back to the original box!

Also, if you zoom in on the Compositor in CV versus CGG using the same type
images as displayed in one of your recent piccy/info comparisons, you will
see:

https://files.fm/u/p2my7hz5

There is a green tinge to Paul's "seat" where it should be whiter.  Also,
using the color picker of the compositor, you can see the computed values
for the bright white spot on the "seat" is out of range (i.e. greater than
1.0)