[CinCV TNG] background rendered portion of a project plays only black in the compositor

Frederic Roenitz ml1 at aimvis.de
Tue Aug 15 20:43:25 CEST 2017

Hi GG,

I tracked it down to directly being related to the project's
resolution.

No segfault when using up to: 2048x1536.

Using 2560x1600 and higher segfaults.

I didn't try resolutions between 2048x1536 and 2560x1600.
Number of fps didn't matter.

Details
=======

using git:
  commit 515b84f2ec94c9ba4808ef83710e7965c13b5c4f
  Author: Good Guy <good1.2guy at gmail.com>
  Date:   Mon Aug 14 18:50:56 2017 -0600

      fix c41 postprocessing break in last checkin

Scenario I last posted (that didn't give you the segfault):

start cinelerra, n, press home key, select 10seconds, insert video
effect: "title" with "Stamp timecode", press home key, shift-g, wait
till background rendering finishes, play

modified scenario, reproducible segfault

start cinelerra, n, *canvas size: 2560x1600 or higher,*
press home key, select 10seconds, insert video
effect: "title" with "Stamp timecode", press home key, shift-g, wait
till background rendering finishes, play

=> Segmentation fault

modified scenario, reproduce-able segfault version 2

start cinelerra, n, *canvas size: 2560x1600 or higher,*
press home key, select 10seconds, insert video
effect: "title" with "Stamp timecode", *set insertion point to second number 5,* shift-g, wait
till background rendering finishes, press home key, play

=> plays fine up to second number 5 where the background rendered portion
stats, then segfaults

Kind greetings

Frederic