[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra-GG on Debian Stretch ?

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 17:08:29 CEST 2017

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  Stretch was giving me problems too.
The big problem I had was that the default video driver had "issues" with
my graphics card.

I looked at your backtrace.  The backtrace indicates a munmap pointer is
bad, in the address data. After looking at it, I would have to conclude the
XQueryTree call did not work in get_top_coords.  No idea why.  The call
setup looks good

The system stabilized after I added "nomodeset" to the kernel startup.  I
tried to run without nomodeset on my build systems, one died on boot, one
died in the desktop, and I never got to try cinelerra before the failures
stopped me.

Try nomodeset to see if that is it.  This is specified at boot time by
editing the linux kernel startup command line using the grub editor.  Edit
the linux kernel cmdline, like:

linux   /vmlinuz-<version> root=UUID=... *nomodeset*

initrd  /initrd-<version>

What is your graphics card? The probe that is running when the error occurs
is trying to find  the window manager's parent window geometry.  What is
the window manager?  Gnome segv's when I use an old graphics card, but
nomodeset is a work-around.

GG