[CinCV TNG] lazy insertion point movement when using keypad

Frederic Roenitz roenitz at aimvis.de
Sun Aug 6 22:42:48 CEST 2017

Hi Pierre,

I suggested Keypad0 *because* it is assigned to "stop playback" and
because it is comfortably accessible with the right thumb when using
the right hand on the keypad, and kind of accessible with the left
thumb when using the left hand on the keypad.

The only inconvenience that I currently see, is when I want to change
the playback speed without interruption while it's already playing.

In cinelerra (as far as I can see without looking at the code) the
KeyPress event on Keypad0 stops playback. The KeyRelease event does
nothing.

So let's say I want to change from playback at normal speed without
sound to fast forward without sound using Shift+KP_Enter. Then
playback would be stopped by pressing KP_0/KP_Insert as long as I
don't additionally press KP_Enter.

Even when I'm as quick as the blink of an eye, the video would stop
for the blink of an eye.

This is the only downside I currently see.

... well, we could have the functionality on both, the "shift keys"
and KP_0. :)

As for the buttons, I guess "clicking while holding a shift key" would
do, but I guess for me the keys will do.

Kind greetings

Frederic