[CinCV TNG] CGG/CVO vs 'msgstr "Project-Id-Version:' / shared effects

igor_ubuntu sitelve at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 22:01:06 CEST 2017

> *You can't use ordinary effect as shared effect. Attempt to share
> not-multichannel effect results something unexpectable/uncontrollable.*

*          Only multichannel effects can be shared. *

?? I think that is not trye.
I very often use this technique to transfer the effect settings from one
track to another. This greatly speeds up а work.

The problem occurs (something) during moving of a effect panel.
My screencast shows that I lengthen the panel to the left side, but the
panel is extended to the right side.
And for example in CVE, I do not get the problem, because moving and
changing a length of a effect panel is correct.

-----------------------
 Quote:
*Shared effects and shared tracks allow very unique things to be done. In
the case of a shared effect, the shared effect is treated like a copy of
the original effect except in the shared effect the GUI can not be brought
up. All configuration of the shared effect is determined by the GUI of the
original effect and only the GUI of the original effect can be brought up. *

*When a shared effect is played back, it is processed just like a normal
effect except the configuration is copied from the original effect. Some
effects detect when they are being shared, like the reverb effects and the
compressor. These effects determine what tracks are sharing them and either
mix the two tracks together or use one track to stage some value. The
reverb mixes tracks together to simulate ambience. The compressor uses one
of the sharing tracks as the trigge*r.

> * Only multichannel effects can be shared. Multichannel effects are
> TimeFront, Reroute, Overlay audio and video, Liveaudio, CDRipper, Heroine
> College Concert Hall, Motion, Freeverb, Compressor, Normalize and
> Difference key Attempt to share not-multichannel effect results something
> unexpectable/uncontrollable.*
>
> * Einar*

Yes, I know that using these effects based on the shar. effect/shared track
technique.