[CinCV TNG] Cin 5.1 (32-bit) image rendering broken?

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 03:24:15 CEST 2017

Below is an amalgamation of responses:

> As for user-friendlyness - is there
> way to detect empty/non-existent selection region and warn user if
> 'selection
> only' rendrering mode was set? Will try also in/out points with just one
> (in OR
> out) set :}

Changes have been checked into the Git repository that make the Render
window menu friendlier.  There are new checks for some errors:

  zero render range
  video data and range less than 1 frame
  audio data and range less than 1 sample
  image format and not 1 frame
  image format and no video data

More importantly the Render Range choices now have a 4th choice of "One
frame", something GG personally has had a need for so that you can just set
the insertion point where you want the 1 frame to be rendered rather than
having to precisely zoom in to set the in/out pointers.

But probably it makes sense to make pop-up yellow tooltips to these three
> modes.

We can not come up with any helpful tooltips because they are
self-explanatory.

because I set image format (not seuqence) as output format - it finished
> w/o any valid file!

The other improvement to the render window menu is that invalid choices
will be ghosted out, for example, if the PNG file format is selected, only
the "Render Video Tracks" will be check marked.  Or if an ffmpeg format is
chosen AND the file format does not do audio, the "Render Audio Tracks"
will be unchecked.  Also, rendering range for single images like TIFF, will
have "One frame" checked and all of them ghosted since nothing else makes
sense.

I see that the render window is cut off.

The window has been widened for improved appearance.