[CinCV TNG] New Icons for Cinelerra CV & GG

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 15:13:42 CEST 2017

> Do you have a pre-release with the new icons? I have some time today and
> could eliminate any inconsistencies.
> The new icons are the first draft. In the second view, I often discover a
> lot of improvement potential.

Sam, it looks really good already.  GG has already started the builds
because they might take 2 days since there are so many potential problems
with building on so many different distros.   However, he will put a 10-bit
Leap 42.2 package under SAM in the same place as it has been and if you
find anything major wrong, he can stop the builds, fix it, and proceed.

*Note to WP filmmaker*: good news!

> I like Phyllis' Idea of allowing user choosing which one.
>
> Since I am writing..Would it be possible preserving, when installing a new
> build, the old icons? Because I have custom icons and more than once I
> forgot to back them up and got replaced when installing a new build.

GG tested this yesterday (at least on Leap, don't know about mint or
ubuntu), you can now have your own icons set up in your own designated
directory that will not get wiped out on a package upgrade.  Put them in
the same directory as the other picons, like picons_cinfinity but with a
different directory name, like picons_WP.  They will show up in the
Settings-> Preferences->Appearance "icon choice" as a choice.  More info
later, if needed.  Phyllis