[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra 5.1 actually can capture from v4l2 device

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:57:08 CEST 2017

Hi!

Just wanted to share after some unsuccessfull attempts I finally got some
visible image in Cin 5.1 capture monitor with emulated v4l2 device ('modprobe
vivid' as root, if of course this module was compiled for your kernel. I use
4.12.0 kernel)

Initially I saw only very garbled image, but after setting capture resolution to
1280x720, and creating 'Channel' in channel editor (so by modifying it it was
possible to choise webcam input of emulated device), and after one Cinelerra
crash after trying to watch /dev/video0 in parallel via mplayer it finally
worked! Of course this is mostly static test image, so easy to compress, but
there also was much more noisy  input, so some more tests ahead!