[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra CVE - disabled multithreading in codecs?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 19:21:12 CEST 2017

В сообщении от Monday 17 July 2017 14:53:59 Einar Rc3bcnkaru написал(а):
> On 07/17/2017 03:24 AM, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> > Hello again!
> >

> > I just compiled and installed Cinelerra-CVE
> >
> > Cinelerra-CVE 2.3.5
> > (C) 2006 Heroine Virtual Ltd.
> > (C) 2006-2017 The CinelerraCV Community
> > Internal ffmpeg library versions:
> >      libavutil      54. 31.100 / 54. 31.100
> >      libavcodec     56. 60.100 / 56. 60.100
> >      libavformat    56. 40.101 / 56. 40.101
> >      libswscale      3.  1.101 /  3.  1.101
> >      libswresample   1.  2.101 /  1.  2.101
> > Compiled on Пн июл 17 01:43:25 MSK 2017
> >

> > and loaded very same mjpeg files I used to test Cinelerra-CV.
> > They can be played - but even decoding in CVE is slow, with video output
> > device set to x11_xv I only get 7-8 fps. (1.4 Ghz * 4 core, but cores NOT
> > maxed out during decoding)
>
> The GHz is quite pointless number during last 15 years. I had several
> computers during this time all about 2GHz. Always the next had 1.5 - 2
> times better speed.

sorry, here is cat /proc/cpuinfo

at /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 2
model name      : AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x6000822
cpu MHz         : 1400.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 16
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb
rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf
pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core
perfctr_nb cpb hw_pstate vmmcall bmi1 arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold
bugs            : fxsave_leak sysret_ss_attrs null_seg
bogomips        : 7600.42
TLB size        : 1536 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb eff_freq_ro

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 2
model name      : AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x6000822
cpu MHz         : 1400.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 17
initial apicid  : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb
rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf
pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core
perfctr_nb cpb hw_pstate vmmcall bmi1 arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold
bugs            : fxsave_leak sysret_ss_attrs null_seg
bogomips        : 7599.88
TLB size        : 1536 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb eff_freq_ro

processor       : 2
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 2
model name      : AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x6000822
cpu MHz         : 1400.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 2
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 18
initial apicid  : 2
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb
rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf
pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core
perfctr_nb cpb hw_pstate vmmcall bmi1 arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold
bugs            : fxsave_leak sysret_ss_attrs null_seg
bogomips        : 7599.92
TLB size        : 1536 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb eff_freq_ro

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 2
model name      : AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x6000822
cpu MHz         : 1400.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 3
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 19
initial apicid  : 3
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb
rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf
pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core
perfctr_nb cpb hw_pstate vmmcall bmi1 arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold
bugs            : fxsave_leak sysret_ss_attrs null_seg
bogomips        : 7599.94
TLB size        : 1536 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb eff_freq_ro

I can set specific frequency via command line (cpufreq-set) or via small GUI
applet trayfreq.

May be Cinelerra(CVE) can print detected cpu(s)  at startup?

https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/2.8/cpu_8c.html#af731555385cb4808386a716504d5fcc1

  int   av_get_cpu_flags (void)
     Return the flags which specify extensions supported by the CPU.

int   av_cpu_count (void)

those functions present in installed libavutil/cpu.h header in my ffmpeg 2.8
system-wide installation, and not marked as decrecated.