[CinCV TNG] Default (adpcm_ima_wav ?) audio codec in avi broken?

Einar R√ľnkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 21:03:14 CEST 2017

On 07/16/2017 08:53 PM, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> Hello, all!
>
> While testing direct copy feature I think I stumbled on another  bug in
> Cinelerra CV (main branch). If I switch rendering options to file type = AVI
> and leave audio codec setting intact - resulted file can't be played with sound
> by mplayer or ffplay (video plays ok):

As I said, I work on upgradeing avlibs in Cinelerra. This means all
encoding/decoding will be replaced with new libraries. Testing and
reporting encoding/decoding errors at the current state is unimportant.

About your problem. Just quessing.

A video file consists encoded audio and video stream that are muxed into
container. There are standards what encodings can be put into a
container. The current CVO can put any encoding that is possible into
container. Newer ffmpeg and mplayer understand only allowed by standard
encodings.

Cimelerra calls containers formats.

If anyone wants to help - CVE needs testing. Encoding and decoding there
is mostly this, that will be some day in CVO.

Einar