[CinCV TNG] bringing back 'rendering took'

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 23:11:36 CEST 2017

Frederic:

Let's suppose, after a 6 hour render session, you come back to your
> desk, want to look at the actual render time. You move the mouse as
> usual and the mousecursor happens to hover over one of the
> cursor_enter_event() regions (possibly about 30% of the main
> window)... *arrrg*.
>
> This makes the main window to kind of a minefield.
>
> Do you have to do reset_default_message()?
>
> Could we not just let "rendering took" stay there until something else
> wants to write to the statusbar?

A change has been added to the Git repository to leave the "Rendering Took"
message there until there is a certain types status changes or you do a
File->Load.  Originally when GG changed the code, we just picked something
to clear it and it seemed OK for us when rendering a 20 second video!!
Sometimes the program code dictates the outcome and so user suggestions
aren't feasible -- this wasn't one of those times!!

But the 6-hour scenario you mentioned, along with the "arrg" got a real
good laugh here.  The builds at the end of the month will have this fix
in.    ...Phyllis/GG