[CinCV TNG] usability suggestions for FFMPEG-Early-Probe-button and shell-cmds-button

Frederic Roenitz roenitz at aimvis.de
Wed Jul 12 17:43:30 CEST 2017

I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time, but now it works
perfectly.

I removed Cinelerra_rc to have it regenerated by cinelerra on startup
and cinelerra showed the 4 menu items.

Then I looked at the diff between the fresh Cinelerra_rc and my old
one and replaced the following old lines:

SHBTNS_TOTAL 3
SHBTN0_NAME Features5
SHBTN0_COMMANDS firefox file://$CIN_DAT/doc/Features5.pdf
SHBTN0_WARN 0
SHBTN1_NAME Online Help
SHBTN1_COMMANDS firefox https://cinelerra-cv.org/docs.php
SHBTN1_WARN 0
SHBTN2_NAME Orignal Manual
SHBTN2_COMMANDS firefox file://$CIN_DAT/doc/cinelerra.html
SHBTN2_WARN 0

with these new lines:

SHBTNS_TOTAL 4
SHBTN0_NAME Features5
SHBTN0_COMMANDS $CIN_BROWSER file://$CIN_DAT/doc/Features5.pdf
SHBTN0_WARN 0
SHBTN1_NAME Online Help
SHBTN1_COMMANDS $CIN_BROWSER https://cinelerra-cv.org/docs.php
SHBTN1_WARN 0
SHBTN2_NAME Original Manual
SHBTN2_COMMANDS $CIN_BROWSER file://$CIN_DAT/doc/cinelerra.html
SHBTN2_WARN 0
SHBTN3_NAME Setting Shell Commands
SHBTN3_COMMANDS $CIN_BROWSER file://$CIN_DAT/doc/ShellCmds.html
SHBTN3_WARN 0

and everything is fine, now.

doc/ShellCmds.html surpassed my expectations, thank you! :)

Note:

is a broken link. Not sure what you intended.

Thank you very much! :))

Kind greetings

Frederic