[CinCV TNG] usability suggestions for FFMPEG-Early-Probe-button and shell-cmds-button

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 00:53:41 CEST 2017

> I stopped cinelerra, deleted the SHBTN-lines, started cinelerra and
> nothing changed about the "shell cmds" button and no new options when
> clicking.
>
> Same thing when I delete .bcast5/Cinelerra_rc before starting
> cinelerra.

We are at a lost here and can not duplicate the problem.  It worked on my
laptop and we even tried it on a Debian 64-bit distro which had the 3
options/SHBTN-lines.  Before deleting the lines, the 4th option of "Setting
Shell Cmds" did not show up with the Jul 9 19:55 Git build and then after
deleting, all 4 lines did show.  I did create a similar problem when I
edited the wrong Cinelerra_rc file because I was in the wrong User
directory and started from the Icon instead of the command line.  GG said I
installed things wrong too (I am still learning, but thought I had checked
Settings->Preferences-About for build date).

On another test system, we made a backup of .bcast5 before deleting it, and
again all 4 options showed up when created new .bcast5, but not everyone
wants to delete .bcast5 and lose settings.  So bottom line is, we have no
idea what went wrong and it should have worked, but will be on the lookout
for a potential problem.     Phyllis/GG