[CinCV TNG] usability suggestions for FFMPEG-Early-Probe-button and shell-cmds-button

Frederic Roenitz roenitz at aimvis.de
Mon Jul 10 14:51:06 CEST 2017

 > Currently: Try FFMPEG first
 > Click to: Try FFMPEG last

:) Tank you!

 > The change will be: if you click Shell Cmds, one of the available
 > options is "Setting Shell Commands" and if you highlight that, it
 > will provide all of the necessary information.  The defaults have
 > been modified so you will have to first delete several SHBTN# lines
 > in .bcast5/Cinelerra_rc.bcast5 in order to see the new options.

sounds great!

I pulled the git version up to:

commit fee54016102a7a59d2181c8f16a7f2562f68540d
Author: Good Guy <good1.2guy at gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Jul 9 19:55:51 2017 -0600

     ff tooltip, shcmds doc, bld_prepare fix, edl load_xml fix

I stopped cinelerra, deleted the SHBTN-lines, started cinelerra and
nothing changed about the "shell cmds" button and no new options when
clicking.

Same thing when I delete .bcast5/Cinelerra_rc before starting
cinelerra.

 >> Currently I don't see that it's configurable
 >
 > Not sure what you mean.

I meant, that when I look at the button itself, or if I click the
button, then there is no hint that I can add/edit the menu-entries of
that button.

Anyway, your "Setting Shell Commands"-solution for this button solves
this problem. :)

Thank you for your example using xv! I used xv in the nineties, before
I switched to Debian which doesn't ship xv.

Kind greetings

Frederic