[CinCV TNG] minor bugs [cin 5.1-20170629 (GG)]

Peter dreiaugen at gmx.de
Thu Jul 6 14:33:17 CEST 2017

Hello,

after an intense week of using cinelerra I am (again) getting used to it
and I love it. You should stress out the possibility to use multiple
instances of cinelerra. It's so great and fits the linux way of using
several workspaces.

I got you a bug list, made with cin 5.1-20170629 (GG)

little bugs

- open a project (xml) when already one is loaded mostly always fails. i
have to close cin or open a new instance.

- when opening a project that contains clips, some weird "Hello World"
comments slip in. for example:
   Title in overview: "/home/pfiffi/Videos/Kino
Tarragonik/Catalonication/edit/version2.xml"
   Title in info view: "Tarragonik/Catalonication/edit/version2.xml"
   Comment: "Hallo Welt"

- open the dialog to get another info while already one is open does
nothing. you have to close it to get a new one. imo it should either
replace the existing one or open another one.

annoying bugs

- when loading a project that contains clips, all the information but
the very first (the timestamp) is lost. that's very annoying, cause you
don't see the information anymore where the clip was taken from, or
anything else you wrote. maybe it's because of spaces/linebreaks?

- in ressource window: switching from text view to picture view is
impossible when there is no space left to put the mousepointer to. this
happens for example, when you work with more than 50 files/clips and the
window is so full you have to scroll even in fullscreen. workaround i
found is to delete one file from the list and then use the new space it
formerly occupied. this option should be available with a button or in
the right click menu.

- in ressource window: same goes for the sorting option!

feature requests

- as you can see, i work a lot with clips. it's a very good way to
prepare the material. now the request is: wouldn't it be nice if it was
possible to copy and paste the clip (information) between instances of
cin just like the other stuff?

- it would be nice to have more information about the effects, as i
don't know lots of it (right click -> info would be my favorite). also
there could be information stored about keyframes on/off stuff, some
simple an plain howtos/mans or the like.

best regards!
peter