[CinCV TNG] MPEG-2 native lossless editing without re-encoding

info at bandshed.net info at bandshed.net
Tue Dec 27 18:00:38 CET 2016

Hi,

Cinelerra doesn't 'smart-render' to my knowledge, nor does any Linux
editor using ffmpeg (I'll be glad to be proven wrong). In my
experience GOPChop is old, unmaintained and extremely slow and crashes
a lot. For this I use an old Windows program called Womble MPEG2-VCR
which works great in Wine, but is no longer available, plus to be
honest I've only done MPEG-2 DVD streams with it, I've never tried
something 1440x1080 with it. Anyone with a functional native Linux
solution please speak up :)