[CinCV TNG] Blu-ray rendering - 1440x1080 template

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 00:19:06 CET 2016

Terje, today GG is working on bluray to make these changes.  Theywill be checked into the git repository but no new builds yet.  I willbe doing more thorough testing tomorrow.

0) Yes. Adding the 4 1440x1080 template as in wikipedia table.
> And the HD Blu-ray format does support MPEG-2 at 1440×1080> 1440×1080 59.94i  4:3
> 1440×1080 50i      4:3
> 1440×1080 24p      4:3
> 1440×1080 23.976p    4:3
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Video
1) Not at this time.
This is a nuisance for sure and occurs in other cases too; rather thanjust throwing in a change that will have repercussions elsewhere, thiswill have to be studied further.  I have been tasked to recreate thesituation you are describing and although I have been BD creatingall morning long, I still don't quite understand what is happening.May be a while before that happens.

> 1) File > open - Loading video file clips into Cinelerra-GG for BD > rendering:
> The last used file name loaded is recreated fine, but as the wrong file
> path used afterwards for saving BD rendering also is displayed, that
> file won't load.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2a) Yes. Will be saving the "Work path" to be used again the next time.2b) Yes. Timezone will be looked at to determine default FPS.
> 2) File > BD rendering - opens the Create BD window.
> a) The preset "Work path" is /tmp
> Is it possible to get the last used "Work path" for saving BD rendered
> file projects here; possibly setup a user project path for this?
> b) The preset "Format" is 1920x1080 at 29.97i
> Is it possible to get the automatic FPS here according to the
> time-region used as used in Cinelerra Set Format, which is
> PAL 25 FPS in my case or 1920x1080 at 25i here?
3) Sort of Yes: The current default choice is faster for testing and users who "just want to make a bluray" as easily and quickly as possible so wedidn't want to change the default from being bluray-something.  However,he modified in bluray opts file the "profile=baseline" to  "profile=high" andadded a bluray-lo opts for the original.  Processing will take longer fornewbies.  This was only a compromise.

> 3) next the Batch Render window opens with File format preset to FFMPEG
> and m2ts
> The Video wrench button here opens the Video Preset window
> with Compression default preset as
> ...> my question is if it would be a
> better choice to replace the current bluray.m2ts Baseline preset with
> avc422.m2ts (using the High422 profile) as defautl preset instead,
> according to

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Profiles
4) This requires learning Java script in detail for BD-J.  It is not fun - unlessyou like that sort of thing.  The Programming Blu-ray Disc hardcopy bookwe have devotes almost 2/3 of its content just basically explaining this andreally doesn't even provide enough information to actually code it up.  What I understand is that there are 2 ways that the player is supposed to be ableto handle a disc -- #1 it should just start it (so I don't have to lift a finger whichis how our 2 work) and #2 use the java script to allow manipulation.  Anotherhowever, GG says if I look around the internet and can find a completetemplate that is already coded up for the entire structure, he could add thatto bdwrite and just substitute the correct values for titles, etc.  So I am looking.

> 4) BDMV/*/* content missing in the udfs folder
> We have discussed this issue earlier, and I think the missing content
> could be recreated afterwards by running bdwrite manually(?)
> Is it possible to get this issue fixed so that the complete BD structure
> is created as normal during the BD rendering?
5) Adding code to save the bluray rendering batch job so they can bechanged.  This shows up in BD Create window.  This was an oversight in theoriginal code.6) Interlacing is now being handled for Top Field First, etc.
Answer to another email quoted with > below:

Yes, the bdwrite program is fast and is started inside cinelerra.