[CinCV TNG] Setting up a Project

Terje J. Hanssen terje at nordland-teknikk.no
Mon Dec 19 01:12:27 CET 2016

First, thanks for your in-depth explanation and samples I will have this
all in notice during further learning.

I downloaded the sample m2t(.mpeg) file and tested loading it in Cinelerra:

Changed also SF Interlace mode to "Top field first" as suggested for HDV
in the CV-manual and according to mediainfo output.

1. Cin-CV:
time.
Tried aspect settings with 4:3 and 16;9. SD DV files loads ok however.

2. Cin-GG:
video image on the timeline. Full audio tracks.
images on the whole timeline
I noticed no lengt difference between the video and audio tracks.

Cin-GG continued:
I loaded my own hdv.m2t files again.
SF aspect ratio looks to change automatic to 4:3 during file load.
This caused as previous mentioned 4:3 video images in Composer or Viewer
playback (output)

Also Media "Match project" or "Match all" in the Resource window change
the SF aspect ratio back from 16:9 to 4:3.

Changed SF aspect to 16:9, and yes, after that (have to save it with
OK), 16:9 video was opened and displayed in the playback windows
Not sure why, but sometimes happened that the 16:9 still image here
changed to 4:3 starting play or opposite.

I have also been thing about if the pixel aspect ratio could be set in
SF,  it could possibly be an idea to test W.Ratio=1.33
But I haven't tried this yet, as I didn't know if W. Ration had this meaning

> Did you set /Track Size/ = /as Output Size/ ?

No. I read the manual section but could not find the program tool to do
it (?)

Attach my sample screenshot here.

Terje J. H