[CinCV TNG] Blu-ray rendering - 1440x1080 template

Terje J. Hanssen terje at nordland-teknikk.no
Sun Dec 18 22:07:09 CET 2016

Phyllis,

Good to hear that.

 From the HDV 1080i specification at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDV#Specifications

Video Compression MPEG2 Video (profile & level: MP at H-14)
Chroma sampling format     4:2:0
Quantization     8 bits (both luminance and chrominance)
Compressed video bitstream rate     ~25 Mbit/s

Audio
Compression          MPEG-1 Audio Layer II
Sampling frequency     48 kHz
Quantization     16 bits
Audio modes and data rate     MPEG-1 Part 3 AL 2 Stereo (2-channel) at
384 kbit/s (192 kbit/s per channel);
optional MPEG-2 Part 3 AL 2 4-channel at 96 kbit/s per channel.

For a non-expert like me, it seems like the 1080i hdv.m2t video is
compatible with BD, but more unsure about which BD (high?) profile that
will fit best for HDV's MP at H-14/4:2:0.  And HDV's MPEG Audio differs
from BD's AC3.

Terje J. H