[CinCV TNG] Setting up a Project

Terje J. Hanssen terje at nordland-teknikk.no
Sun Dec 18 01:03:47 CET 2016

See my follow-up questions and comments in between:

Den 17. des. 2016 19:04, skrev igor_ubuntu:
> The output size is set in either *New* when creating a new project
> (old behavior) or *Settings->Format*.
> In the Resource window there is just another way to change the output
> size.

"Output size", where and for what?
The reason for this question is that I think it is somewhat confusing
what the Project or Format settings really influence.
or "Input file", and correspondingly rendering as the "export" or
"Output file".
Does Format settings influence one or both of these?

> Right click on a video asset and selecting *Match project size* is
> used to conform (automatically) the output size to the asset size.
>
> But if you used right click on a video asset and  wanted to have
> square pixels, you should go to SF and enable the option `Auto aspect
> ratio`
> –ětherwise you will have nonsquare pixels.

Cin-CV seems to crash, but Cin-GG 5.1 loads my 1080i HDV.M2T files when
Format settings is near correct. Tried the Match project size which i.e
adjusted the to 4:3 aspect ratio.
Tried both without and with checking the Auto Aspect ration button, but
in both cases the playback in the Compositor or Resource was displayed
with aspect 4:3 and not with 16:9. Should it?

On the other hand. BD rendering to 1920x1080 bd.m2t files workes well
and playback fine in VLC

> Probably `Match project size` is not a good name for the option
> because it looks as ".. to conform the asset to the output".
> But in fact it work vice versa, according to the manual:
> /" ..Right click on a video asset and select `Match project size` to
> conform the output to the asset."/

I agree on this, and interpreted it wrong first time, until I read and
article using this. An *unequivocal text would be better.

Terje J. H
***