[CinCV TNG] Setting up a Project

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 20:14:28 CET 2016

Igor stated:
 No, it is not a bug. It is a feature that was ported from HV.
It can be useful if a user continuously use "new" and wants to just keep use same format.
But IMO the CV/old-HV-behavior is better. I prefer when a program gives me freedom of
choice and does not make decisions instead of me.
As it turns out, cinelerra-gg branch did follow the HV method and it was
mostly a decision at the time when merging the CV official version mods into GG.  It was thought that users who created new projects often,would be saved from having to click the X on the project dialog box sincethey would have already the desired settings in the Format.
BUT, after reviewing the actual code this morning, GG determined that
the Format does not allow the user to set the number of tracks which thenew project dialog box does.  It is only a 1 line change to put back thewindow.  I think he is almost convinced that the CV behavior is much
better and most likely will make the 1 line change soon.
Choice is definitely better.  Section 40.2 will be deleted at the same time.