[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra renders a jerky movie

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 19:04:09 CET 2016

Hi again...

I could not resist giving it a try, and after a little looking: it appears
that the m2ts file is 3.5MB, which indicates that the bitrate used for
encoding is probably set to zero, which causes ffmpeg to use its smallest
legal value.  The original data file is 21MB, and about 83% of the data is
lost.  Crank up the bitrate.  I usually use 8Mb or so (this can vary, and
what the best value is depends on your taste as to video quality, and
available media storage capacity).  You set the bitrate in the Render menu
by clicking on the wrenches (configure video compression / configure audio
compression).
I usually use 8Mb video, and 224Kb for audio for general purpose rendering.

Give it a try, and see if that is the cause of the problems.
I ran the BD render menubar File->Create BD, and just ran the defaults and
it produced a file that was approx 15MB, and it looked ok.  Note: this
causes cinelerra to terminate when the render ends to run a batch step that
create a UDFS for bluray rendering.  Don't freak out when it seems to
suddenly stop.

gg

==