[CinCV TNG] Blu-ray rendering with Cin-GG 5.1/FFmpeg

Terje J. Hanssen terje at nordland-teknikk.no
Wed Dec 14 18:17:44 CET 2016

During testing Blu-ray rendering several times with Cin-GG 5.1 (8-bit)
on Leap 42.2, I came up with some questions and suggestions:

1) File > open - Loading video file clips into Cinelerra-GG for BD
rendering:
The last used file name loaded is recreated fine, but as the wrong file
path used afterwards for saving BD rendering also is displayed, that
file won't load.

Is it possible to keep and get the previous used file list as "load
path" instead, to avoid browsing for the right path each time?
Or possibly set up a user project path for this?

2) File > BD rendering - opens the Create BD window.

a) The preset "Work path" is /tmp
Is it possible to get the last used "Work path" for saving BD rendered
file projects here; possibly setup a user project path for this?

b) The preset "Format" is 1920x1080 at 29.97i
Is it possible to get the automatic FPS here according to the
time-region used as used in Cinelerra Set Format, which is
PAL 25 FPS in my case or 1920x1080 at 25i here?

3) next the Batch Render window opens with File format preset to FFMPEG
and m2ts
The Video wrench button here opens the Video Preset window
with Compression default preset as

bluray.m2ts (using the Baseline profile)

other available options here are
avc422.m2ts (using the High422 profile)
hevc422p8.m2ts (using ?)
hevc422p10.m2ts (using ?)

See the attached screenshot here and also the Feature5.pdf guide page 28/103

As we actually render BD video here, my question is if it would be a
better choice to replace the current bluray.m2ts Baseline preset with
avc422.m2ts (using the High422 profile) as defautl preset instead,
according to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Profiles
Baseline Profile (BP, 66)
     Primarily for low-cost applications that require additional data
loss robustness, this profile is used in some videoconferencing and
mobile applications.
High Profile (HiP, 100)
     The primary profile for broadcast and disc storage applications,
particularly for high-definition television applications (for example,
this is the profile adopted by the Blu-ray Disc storage format and the
DVB HDTV broadcast service).

4) BDMV/*/* content missing in the udfs folder
We have discussed this issue earlier, and I think the missing content
could be recreated afterwards by running bdwrite manually(?)
Is it possible to get this issue fixed so that the complete BD structure
is created as normal during the BD rendering?

Thanks,
Terje J. H