[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra renders a jerky movie

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 17:25:15 CET 2016

Jonathan wrote:"Without seeing a sample it's hard to say what might be happening....
but see if you canexplicitly specify the field order. Set it to "top first"; see if that
is propagated to the encoder and whether it improves things."

That sounded like it might fix the problem!
As pointed out though, need a complete description of the problem ANDto see a small sample of the jerky leg issue.  Can you supply a small
sample of the original JVC input and a session file used with that
sample and upload it to datahostfile.com ?  It would be nice to see therendered result as well, if possible also send a representative snippet of it.Finally, to be sure I am using the same transcoding setup, send thesession file used to render the result, using menubar file->save_asas defined just before your rendering step.
To create a test snippet, open the input media, setup as you normallywould to start the project render.  Then, select a few seconds (5-10?) ofmedia using the edit mode ptr1 button drag highlighting on the timeline.Then, start the render dialog (Shift R), set the target path, and selectrender selection.  I recommend setting replace current project, thenPress OK.  The result will load replace the current project for review.If it is ok, please send me the input, output, and session file.If it is not ok, or does not represent an example of the issue you see,press 'z' to undo the render and reload the original to modify thesetup, and repeat until you see the problems you wish to demonstrate.
To see if there were any missed problems with the 11302016 release, GG
recorded broadcast TV (we don't have any "fancy" cameras) and then renderedit as a regular DVD and also to a blu-ray.  He just used defaults and itjust worked with no problems.  He has been making dvds/blurays for severalyears now without issues.