[CinCV TNG] New Download page by Danny

info at bandshed.net info at bandshed.net
Mon Dec 12 21:05:45 CET 2016

Paolo!!!

We've missed you buddy!! I don't know what happened with the name in
the contribution list, that may have been an oversight. I recall you
were working on your own branch and you had some commit patches ideas
that Einar felt were not ready to be included. I STILL use Akirad and
Igor and I were very busy to help you test it and provide new Graphics
when you stopped working on it. Now on the meantime Good Guy has done
an incredible amount of great work and continues to perfect 5.1 but it
is a real shame that Akirad is left about 90% complete, for me on
Debian testing Akirad no longer compiles and the gtk3 (and gtk2) file
choosers are broken by newer gtk3 API's. Good Guy was very kind to
include your themes (at my request) but they are not yet completely
implemented and compatible with HV in 5.1 with all of your details due
to work more needed in other areas and lack of help.

I would be very disappointed if the reason you stopped work was due to
a simple misunderstanding, Akirad is a VERY productive branch of
Cinelerra-CV although it isn't talked about very much here anymore
with the great amount of time that has passed you certainly deserve to
be listed as an important contributor, I can't help but think that
perhaps because you were working so quickly and other senior CV
developers did not get the opportunity to see the fullness of your
completed work before it could be considered for merging with
Cinelerra-CV's branch that they just hadn't gotten around to including
you yet. I do know Akirad is in service today on literally thousands
of AV Linux installs (both the older AV Linux 6 and the new AV Linux
2016).

I would ask (perhaps even beg) you to consider at least completing and
renewing the Akirad code base updating ffmpeg and reworking the file
chooser which was a great feature, your name may not be on the list
yet but there are users that have benefitted and enjoy your work and
would like to see it continue.

In any case I wish you all the best and thank you for all your great
work on Akirad so far.

Glen