[CinCV TNG] where does Cin 5.1 store icons?

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:57:35 CET 2016

The plugin icon (picon) search looks in 2 places.  First, it tries to find
a png file in <cinlib>/plugins/theme_<name>, where name is one of the theme
names.  If that does not exist, it looks in the <cinlib>/plugins/picon
directory.  So, for example, if you want a specialized name in the "hulk"
theme for F_aeval, create a picon named ff_aeval.png in
<cinlib>/plugins/theme_hulk/

cd <clinlib>/plugins
mkdir theme_hulk
ls -d theme*
theme_hulk/ themes/     theme_suv/
cp picon/gamma.png theme_hulk/ff_aeval.png

Then restart cin in the hulk theme.

To make an icon the default, put the png in the <cinlib>/plugins/picon
directory.

When no picon data exists for a plugin in either place, the program uses a
builtin default.  It does this for all ffmpeg and ladspa plugins currently,
since there now is no picon data for any of these.

Also, be sure that the ownership and file permissions match the existing
directory files, or the data may not always be accessible.

gg