[CinCV TNG] 5.1 updated tarballs and packages available.

Danny Schmarsel danny at schmarsel.de
Sat Dec 10 01:12:53 CET 2016

Am 10.12.2016 0:48, schrieb Phyllis Smith:

> I have made the corrections Igor pointed out to the
> "use-it-or-not-I-really
> don't-care" compare0.pdf file and attached it here.  The only reason I
> submitted it was because hardly anyone wants to do documentation and
> I hadn't seen anything show up before the potential weekend work.

Thank you. This is very useful and I will try to get most of it included
without filling up the page too much.
I think it should stay clear and obvious for someone who just wants to
get a neat video editor.

I do much appreciate it, though. Otherwise I would've come up with my
own comparison and my experience with comparing all of the versions
isn't really great. ;)

> BTW: I have a personal debugle.com where I am tracking cinelerra-gg
> changes
> that need to go in or problems that can't get to so will add naming to
> that.
> Unfortunately, there are 52 items already in the list.   Phyllis

Nice to see you have a personal bugtracker. Would you be interested in
having an open bugtracker on -cv.org?
Users would have a way to report bugs and participate in them. I think
that level of user interaction is really missing here, nearly every
opensource project out there has a bugtracker.

I looked into bugtrackers in the past and found RoundUp (
http://roundup.sourceforge.net/ ) which is very small and lightweight
and shouldn't stress out our old machine too much.

But in the end, I didn't put it up because no one wanted to use it from
the developers side and our old bugtracker died out quickly because of
that.

-Danny