[CinCV TNG] 5.1 updated tarballs and packages available.

Danny Schmarsel danny at schmarsel.de
Fri Dec 9 23:28:39 CET 2016

> My understanding is that it is only a choice on the
> front of the cv website that danny was going to list -- not a big deal.
>
> Phyllis / gg

While it is technically only a new subpage with more content, I tend to
agree with Igor on this one.

Calling goodguys branch Cinelerra 5.1 while Adam calls his branch
Cinelerra 6 is less than ideal.
And I think, that users won't make a difference between Cin and
Cinelerra. It's the same thing, just shorter. That's like calling
Facebook FB.

Given the fact Adam has mentioned on this ML before that he doesn't like
people using the name of the software he created (quote: "make up a
different name & tell people the truth when leveraging it"), I also
think using a suffix like Cinelerra-GG would be best. But in the end
it's your software and your decision.

-Danny