[CinCV TNG] 5.1 updated tarballs and packages available.

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 22:04:33 CET 2016

> The trick with using the name `Cin` can not solve this issue  because:
> - users are considering you as Cinelerra
> - this reduction `Cin`  belongs to all.

This is not really true.  When you invoke each of the code base versions, noneof them are currently called "cin" or "cinx" except for 5.1 branch.  Furthermore,when you install CV cinelerra, the installed command name is "cinelerra", notcinelerra-cv or cvo....   When you operate the HV build and run its commandline binary, it is called "cinelerra".  So if anything CV is using HV's commandname, and it is already a conflict.  "cin" and "cinx" do not conflict with any ofthese version or command names.  I really would prefer that it be called that,because it is already called that in the repo.  I think it would be a mistake todistance the names since it makes it clear which repo belongs to the install.
Danny suggested changing the webpage and listing 5.1 as an alternative primaryrepo, along with CV and HV.  Then Einar suggested not using 5.1 or 6 due toversion numbers confusion, then Terje sent screenshot with cinelerra-cv,cin, cinx, and since the users have been seeing cin that might be which repothey were looking for, so that is why Phyllis suggested cin.
My understanding is that it is only a choice on the
front of the CV website that Danny was going to list -- not a big deal.
Phyllis / gg