[CinCV TNG] 5.1 updated tarballs and packages available.

Danny Schmarsel danny at schmarsel.de
Sun Dec 4 17:44:29 CET 2016

Am 3.12.2016 23:41, schrieb Phyllis Smith:

>> I prpose to to call the other fork 'GG' and
>> drop 'five' from all references. Version numbers tend to change.

This is a good idea. Especially because Adam doesn't seem to be happy
that goodguy's version is currently called "Cinelerra". It would prevent
future version number wars.

> Also, I personally am not opposed to having HV there also, even though
> can't support it,
> because any use of any version of cinelerra promotes the package and
> its usage.  Adam
> and the whole community over the years has put so much work into the
> software and the
> site is for the "Community".

Agreed. I think we should include HV on the download page out of respect
for the person that invented Cinelerra in the first place. With a note
that it's not from us and not supported by us, of course.

I hope I will find the time to overhaul it next weekend. I'm studying
media design now so it is a bit limited. ;)

-Danny