[CinCV TNG] 5.1 updated tarballs and packages available.

Danny Schmarsel danny at schmarsel.de
Thu Dec 1 16:31:35 CET 2016

> Cinelerra 5.1 (GoodGuy branch) tarballs and packages have been updated
> at:
>
> https://cinelerra-cv.org/five

Thanks for continually making this software better. It's really fun to
use Cinelerra 5. Every time there is a new changelog update in the PDF,
I think "Oh yeah, that feature is nice to have!".

In my opinion, Cinelerra 5 is mature enough to be displayed right next
to Cinelerra-CV on the download page. CV may be stable, but it's
outdated in many aspects (especially the limited file formats).

I'm thinking about adding a selection a user has to make when he first
visits the download page:

"Which version of Cinelerra do you want?"

CV | HV | 5.1 | 6
-Reasons
-Advantages
-...

When users click on a specific version, they'd get directed to the
download instructions as we have them now. With fancy icons for all of
their favorite distributions.

-Danny