[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra - all versions/branches in one system

igor_ubuntu sitelve at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 19:20:27 CET 2016

*Andre Gronwald *

*.. Hi, yes, I can compile.How do i get involved? Github?*

*Sylvain Jousse*

Hi Igor,
  > *Igor*: Unfortunately, Linux users prefer to scribble kilometer
messages-complaints
  > on forums, but do not want to do even small reports for developers.

*I was just wandering if I could compile Cinellerra for Mandriva Linux and
packit in RPM. ... do you know where I couldfind a clear and simple tuto?
(for compiling, finding all the dependancies andbuilding RPM package)*

Hi guys,
sorry for the late reply.

First of all, if you want to compile a branch, you have to  read this:
https://cinelerra-cv.org/main_repo.php
http://www.g-raffa.eu/Cinelerra/HOWTO/compilation.html

Build-Depends:
debhelper (>= 7), automake, docbook-to-man, fakeroot, intltool,
libasound2-dev, libdv4-dev, libavcodec-dev, libmp3lame-dev, libvorbis-dev
(>= 1.0.0), libogg-dev, libtool, liba52-0.7.4-dev, libtheora-dev,
libpng12-dev | libpng-dev, libjpeg8-dev | libjpeg-dev,libtiff4-dev |
libtiff5-dev, libesd0-dev, libaudiofile-dev, libraw1394-dev,
libavc1394-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libfontconfig1-dev, libfaad-dev,
libmjpegtools-dev, libopenexr-dev, libxxf86vm-dev (>=6.8.2), libfftw3-dev |
fftw3-dev, libsndfile1-dev, libiec61883-dev, libx264-dev, libfaac-dev,
libx11-dev, libxext-dev, libxft-dev, libxv-dev, libxxf86vm-dev,
libglu1-mesa-dev, libopencv-core-dev, libopencv-objdetect-dev,
libopencv-legacy-dev, nasm, uuid-dev
-------------

But  note that I am suggesting you use the prefix * --prefix=/opt/name*
./configure --prefix=/opt/name

=> You will have all the branches of cinelerra's world on the same system
without any problems.
+ packages from your repos  simultaneously.
They will not interfere with each other.

Note that settings directories of some branches have the same name.
 Just do not forget to remove settings directory before running a other
branch.

 Ok. Let's go !
 --------------------------------

Original Cinelerra-HV from Adam Williams

https://sourceforge.net/projects/heroines/
http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php

settings directory   /home/user/.bcast
================

Сinelerra 5.1 from  GoodGuy
It is merging HV+CV+ a lot of GG's improvements and new parameters/plugins

https://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb?p=goodguy/cinelerra.git;a=summary

git clone "git://git.cinelerra-cv.org/goodguy/cinelerra.git" --depth 1
cinelerra5.1
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/opt/cin5.1
make
sudo make install

settings directory /home/user/.bcast5
=====================

CVO - Cinelerra-CV from main git
http://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb?p=CinelerraCV.git;a=summary

git clone git://git.cinelerra-cv.org/CinelerraCV.git cv_main_git
git pull
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/opt/cv_main_git --with-buildinfo=git/recompile
make
make install

settings directory  /home/user/.bcast
============

CVE -  a branch Cinelerra-CV from Einar Rünkaru

I am inviting users to test this a very interesting but little known
branch. Currently,  import libx264/export to codec lib264 is already
working !

For example, the parameters Feather and Value of Masc_tool  are
interpolated in CVE. You can see interpolated values when you enable
'Generate keyframes while tweeking'.

But do not forget that this is an experimental branch and some functions
may be unstable or not work at all.

http://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb?p=einar/cinelerra.git;a=summary

git clone git://git.cinelerra-cv.org/einar/cinelerra.git cv_einar
git pull
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/opt/cv_einar --with-buildinfo=git/recompile
make
make install

settings directory  /home/user/.cinelerra
=============

M4.1 - Merge the Cinelerra-CV with the Cinelerra-HV releases (4.x)
(currently 4.1)
branch from Johannes Sixt https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDbg

http://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb?p=j6t/cinelerra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/merge-4

git clone -b merge-4 git://git.cinelerra-cv.org/j6t/cinelerra.git
cv_merge_j6t
git pull
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/opt/cv_merge_j6t --with-buildinfo=git/recompile
make
make install

settings directory   /home/user/.bcast

It is rather stable branch, but rendering currently does not work in M4.1
==========

CVA - Cinelerra-CV (Akirad) from Paolo Rampino.
http://git.cinelerra-cv.org/gitweb?p=akirad/cinelerra.git;a=summary

git clone git://git.cinelerra-cv.org/akirad/cinelerra.git cv_akirad
git pull
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/opt/cv_akirad --enable-gtk --enable-dffmpeg
--with-buildinfo=git/recompile
make
make install

settings directory  /home/user/.cinelerracv
-------------

Cinecutie from Paolo Rampino
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cinecutie/

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/cinecutie/code cinecutie-git
git pull
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/opt/cinecutie-git --with-buildinfo=git/recompile
make
make install

settings directory /home/user/.ccutie

===============

Branch from Monty Montgomery (Chris Montgomery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Montgomery)
http://git.xiph.org/?p=users/xiphmont/cinelerraCV.git;a=summary

git clone git://git.xiph.org/users/xiphmont/cinelerraCV.git cv-monty
git pull
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/opt/cv-monty --with-buildinfo=git/recompile
make
make install

settings directory  /home/user/.bcast

If you want to test a patch, you have to do
http://www.g-raffa.eu/Cinelerra/HOWTO/compilation.html#_1_get_the_source_code
[image: Note]*: Sometimes you might want or need to apply a patch. That
means merging some changes from a difference file .. prepared by a
developer to the Cinelerra source code. This is mostly done for testing
purposes.*

go to /source_code
git am /path/to_patch/name.patch
./autogen.sh